10 Lowest Paying Jobs in Louisiana
Remember your first job? Of course you do! It was probably some minimum wage menial "occupation" where you were just making enough dough to cover your car insurance so you could go driving around town on the weekends.
Ah, the good ole days.
Now that we're grown folks, we couldn't imagine living off of that little amount of money. Unfortunately, some people are doing what they have to do to keep the lights on and the children fed.
Which jobs exactly are the ones that pay the least? Zippia, a career expert website, did a little research and came up with the least paying jobs in the state of Louisiana.
Here are the top 10 (but I guess that would actually be the "bottom" 10) and the average annual salary for each:
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Workers, All Other - $17,590
- Gaming Dealers - $17,640
- Food Preparation Workers - $17,910
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food - $17,950
- Cooks, Fast Food - $18,020
- Shampooers - $18,040
- Personal Care Aides - $18,090
- Dishwashers - $18,100
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop - $18,250
- Cashiers - $18,680
The list published by Zippia actually shows the 100 lowest paying jobs in the state and you can see the complete list here.