14 Louisiana Bets With Better Odds Than Winning The Power Ball
The Power Ball for tonight's (Wednesday, August 16, 2017) drawing is a whopping $430 million dollars. Poo-Yie, that would pay for a lot of weekends at the camp, cher! As we all know, the odds are stacked against us when it comes to winning. You have roughly a 1 in 292,201,338 chance of winning that Power Ball jackpot. But, there is still a chance, and your odds are just as good as everyone else's. I mean, someone will eventually win, and the only way it can't be you is if you don't buy a ticket. I decided to have a little fun and put together a list of things that have a greater chance of happening to you than winning the Power Ball. This is no ordinary list though, this is the Louisiana edition.
Below is a list of things that could happen to us at any given moment here in Louisiana, as well as the odds of it actually happening to you.
Oh, and good luck tonight winning your millions!
1) Odds of being attacked by an alligator - 1 in 2.4 million.
2) Odds of finding a blue crawfish - 1 in 10,000.
3) Odds of getting Maw Maw's rice and gravy recipe - Impossible odds, because you still haven't returned her rice cooker.
4) Odds of a Royal Flush at Ya Ya's house Friday night - 1 in 649,739.
5) Odds of the Saints winning the Superbowl this year - 50 to 1.
6) Odds of slamming into a pothole and getting a flat today - 1 in 4.
7) Odds of being struck by lightning playing golf at Muni on La Ave - 1 in 700,000.
8) Odds of finding Nimbeaux's - 1 in 3.
9) Odds of being abducted by a Rougarou, or even a human - 1 in 610,000.
10) Odds of finding a pearl in your oyster at Shuck's - 1 in 12,000.
11) Odds of winning a prize from the Claw Machine at Deano's Pizza on Bertrand - 1 in 18 (That's really good by the way).
12) Odds of successfully turning left on Johnston St. today - 1 in 292,201,337 (just below the Powerball odds).
13) Odds of finding a four-leaf clover at Couret Farms for Concerts At Couret - 1 in 10,000.
14) Odds of finding out who stole your monkey - There are some things in life we may never know.