20 Real Places That Inspired Disney Movies
Disney movies have inspired the imaginations of generations of Americans for years.They are, simply put, magic.The folks at Matador Network have found some real life places that inspired some of the most famous Disney movies. We bet that when you see what they are, you'll say 'Oh! Ok! I get that!' Check out the Top 10 below, and be sure to look at the rest of the list for some more enchantment.
- Machuu Picchu - The Emperor's New Groove - 2000
- Angel Falls, Venezuela - Up -2009
- New Orleans - The Princess and The Frog - 2009
- The Great Barrier Reef - Finding Nemo - 2003
- Route 66 - Cars - 2006
- Alsace, France - Beauty and the Beast - 1991
- Mont Saint - Michel - Tangled - 2010
- Serengeti Plains, Tanzania - The Lion King - 1994
- Beijing's Forbidden City - Mulan -1998
- Hotel de Glace, Canada - Frozen - 2013
And in case you were wondering, the beautiful Indian and Teepee in the photo above is on historic Route 66, the inspiration for the 2006 movie 'Cars'.