Durel Has Another Town Hall Meeting Scheduled
Lafayette City-Parish President Joey Durel has a series of town hall meetings slated for the remainder of March through mid-April.
Durel plans a short presentation for each town hall meeting followed by questions from attendees.
Durel plans to focus his presentation on topics he covered during last month's State of the Parish Address.
Durel says citizens will hear more about the following issues:
- The comprehensive planning process that is winding down
- Annexation possibilities between Lafayette and the small towns to help Parish Government
- Consolidation issues that can be tweaked
- The airport proposal
- The creation of a public health millage by combining existing millages
- A new performing arts center
“We have a lot of positive momentum in Lafayette right now, and so it is important to talk to, and hear from people throughout the parish to make sure they see what we see every day and that they have the same sense of optimism about our parish that we have. There are also real issues that people are facing every day, and they often appreciate the opportunity to ask their questions and get answers to the local government issues that affect them each day.”
The full schedule of meetings dates and times is listed below:
- Tuesday, March 18, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at The Daily Advertiser
- Monday, March 24, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Clifton Chenier Center
- Monday, March 31, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the North Regional Library
- Wednesday, April 2, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Youngsville City Hall
- Monday, April 7, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the South Regional Library
- Wednesday, April 9, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Scott City Hall
- Thursday, April 10, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., at Milton First Baptist Church