A Driver Going Over The Centerline Leads To Two St. Mary Parish Arrests
Narcotics detectives patrolling the Centerville area in St. Mary Parish say a driver cross the centerline of Highway 317 multiple times, and so they decided to stop the car.
The driver of the car, 20-year-old Dillon Burgess, and the passenger, 22-year-old Jaylon Jenkins, gave police persmission to search the car.
Police found a handgun in the car, and a they also discovered outstanding warrants for both men.
As police were taking the two to be booked into the parish jail, they say Burgess tried to hid two small bags of synthetic marijuana under one of the seats in the patrol car.
After Burgess was booked into the jail, police say they found a third bad of the drug.
Burgess is facing multiple charges including:
- Improper lane usage
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- Possession of Schedule I (synthetic cannabinoids) with intent to distribute
- Obstruction of justice
- Introduction of contraband into a penal institution
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charge of possession of marijuana
Jenkins is also facing several charges including:
- Failure to appear on the charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Illegal use, possession, or control of weapons in a crime of violence or controlled dangerous substance
- Illegal carrying of concealed weapons
- Possession of drug paraphernalia