St. Mary Parish Woman Arrested After Traffic Stop
A detective with the St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office pulled over 48-year-old Tracie Lee Silva of Amelia yesterday morning after she failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Friendship Alley and Lake Palourde Road.
The detective conducted a routine traffic stop and received permission to search Silva's car.
The deputy found Silva in possession of crack.
The investigation then led to a search of Silva's home where detectives says they found drug paraphernalia including glass and metal pipes.
Silva is facing several charges:
- Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute
- Violation of a controlled dangerous substance law (drug free zone)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Stop sign and yield sign violations
- Not having a driver's license on her person
- Resisting an Officer
Silva was taken to the parish jail for booking and incarceration.