Abbeville Fugitive Arrested On Numerous Drug Charges
An Abbeville man faces numerous narcotics charges following his arrest Tuesday, and it turns out this was not his first encounter with the law.
The Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office reported 27-year-old Jamie Vallery was a suspect wanted in an investigation by the parish's Narcotics Task Force.
Agents conducted surveillance on Vallery which led to his arrest at an Abbeville residence Tuesday.
Upon his arrest, Vallery was found to be in possession of several illegal narcotics, a firearm and a large amount of cash believed to be related to drug sales.
Vallery was booked into the Vermilion Parish jail on the following charges:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule I, (Synthetic Marijuana)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule I, (Marijuana)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule II, (Methamphetamine)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule I, (MDMA)
- Possession of Schedule II, (Crack Cocaine)
- Possession of a Firearm in the Presence of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance in the Presence of a Juvenile
- Transactions Involving Drug Proceeds
Vallery was found to be wanted by the Department of Corrections for an active probation violation.
Sheriff Mike Couvillon encourages all citizens with information in regards to illegal drug activities to contact the Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office at (337) 740-4501 or e-mail the Task Force anonymously at email@example.com.