Acadiana Businesses Honored By The Better Business Bureau
The Centennial Celebration highlighted the 100 years of the BBB, and the event also honored businesses who work to maintain ethics and integrity in the local community.
An independent panel of judges chose several companies for awards in a variety of categories:
- Outstanding New Business Award winner – Classic Auto Spa
- Customer Commitment Award winners – Laborde Therapy Clinic & A First Name Basis
- Good Neighbor Award winners – Prejean’s Restaurant, The Schumacher Group and Townsquare Media (Newstalk 96.5 KPEL is owned by Townsquare Media)
- Integrity Award winners – Advancial and the Louisiana IceGators
- Ethie Award winner – Opelousas General Health System
The businesses being honored last night all had to have at least a "B" rating with the BBB.
Judges for the event were:
- Neil Fontenot of Helm Financial Group
- retired business owner Glenda Delahoussaye
- Vanessa Hill of the University of Louisiana Department of Academic Development
- Eli Tate of Gambino’s Bakery
- Tony Greco of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Department of Finance
The Better Business Bureau of Acadiana services the following parishes:
- St. Martin
- St. Landry
Start With Trust. Always check with the BBB before you do business. Please visit the Better Business Bureau of Acadiana at acadiana.bbb.org.