Acadiana Crime Lab Employee Arrested
Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics agents arrested an employee of the Acadiana Crime Lab.
Sheriff’s officials say 47-year-old Brian Rabeaux was booked for the following:
- Counts of possession with intent to distribute marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of Schedule II and IV drugs
- Possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a drug-free zone
- Possession of a legend drug
- Possession of a firearm with drugs
- Possession of drugs in the presence of juveniles
Agents allege they found drugs in Rabeaux’s house on University.
Police say they found diazepam, marijuana and cocaine at Rabeaux’s home. Four juveniles were in his home at the time, and one told police she knew where he kept his pot because she had smoke some there on multiple occasions before.
Director of the Acadiana Crime Lab, Kevin Ardoin, tells KPEL an administrative investigation into Rabeaux is currently going on, and he says it will likely be completed swiftly.
Ardoin tells KPEL Rabeaux started working for the Acadiana Crime Lab in September of last year, and had just started working on investigations. His work will now be scrutinized.