Accidental Amb. Caffery Fire Quickly Brought Under Control
Shortly after noon today Lafayette Firefighters were called out to a fire at 3324 Ambassador Caffery in the Amb. Caffery Row Shopping Center. The fire was quickly extinguished after crews broke through a roof hatch on the vacant property. Investigators determined the fire originated near the hatch where a construction crew was welding. The welding heat ignited combustibles nearby and spread to the roofing material. The fire which occurred on the opposite side of the shopping center from Burlington Coat Factory was ruled an accident.