Alleged Drug Dealer Arrested In Rayne
Tamicko Richard is behind bars today after an early morning raid at a home in Rayne.
Rayne Police Chief Carroll Stelly says Richard was staying at his family’s home when officers arrived to the home on 610 Crandle Avenue, which was apparently fortified to keep police out of it.
Officers say they found a large amount of Crack, a small amount of marijuana, a loaded pistol, manufacturing paraphernalia for Crack and several hundred dollars.
Richard faces the following charges:
- Possession of a Schedule II CDS: Cocaine Base with intent to distribute
- Possession of a Firearm in the presence of a CDS
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Obstruction of Justice
- Simple Possession of Marijuana
- Money Laundering; money derived from criminal activity
Chief Carroll Stelly states “Today was a culmination of a month-long investigation into Tamikco Richard, who we believe to be a mid-level dealer that is supplying numerous other dealers in the area,” stated Chief Carroll Stelly. “Tamikco has an extensive criminal history with numerous drug related offenses.”