Amazing Uses for Pickle Juice
We love pickles in my family, and I'm always puzzled when someone tells me they don't like them. It's the best part of any sandwich! But I digress...
Lately I've been hearing about all the amazing uses for leftover pickle juice, and they sounded so incredible that I wanted to share. Composed of water, salt, vinegar, calcium chloride, and other seasonings and spices, it's a delicious bath for the humble cucumber. But when you're done with those spears or slices of goodness, don't throw away the juice just yet. Foodhacks.com and delish.com have a ton of info on the uses of leftover juice, so enjoy!
- Relieves muscle cramping
- Take a pickle back shot - yes, you put alcohol into a hollowed out pickle. Yummy!
- It keeps you hydrated longer - the potassium and sodium means you get hydrated faster, as well
- Cheaper than a sports drink
- Cleans copper pots
- Soothes sunburn
- It's rich in vitamins and anti oxidants - containing vitamin E and C, which helps boost your immune system
- Helps you lose weight - consuming vinegar, the main ingredient in pickle juice, every day promotes weight loss
- Keeps your blood sugar regulated - drink a small amount every day for this healthy benefit
- Gets rid of weeds - the salt and vinegar will kill those bad boys
- Tenderizes meat
- Use as a post workout recovery - one shot ought to do the trick
- Hangover remedy - replaces electrolytes and sodium