Wall Street posts the biggest decline this year as the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 214 points. Mark Lasseigne has the latest on Tuesday's Acadiana Business Index.
- Stocks extended five days of declines after a Commerce Department report showed stockpiles at U.S. wholesalers increased more than expected in February.
- Most European markets resumed trading with sharp losses after a four-day weekend. The Stoxx Europe 600 dropped 2.5% to a 10-week low.
- Light sweet crude settled at $101.02 a barrel.
- And, gold closed at $1,659 an ounce.
- Finally Alcoa unofficially kicked off the first-quarter earnings season after the closing bell. The aluminum giant posted a surprise quarterly profit. Shares up after hours.