Another Positive Day For Stocks After Successful Meeting In Europe – Acadiana Business Index
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 6 points to 12,890.
- U.S. Government officials have finalized settlement deal worth as much as $26 billion of alleged foreclosure abuses by lenders. The agreement covers five banks: Ally Financial, Bank of America, Citigroup, J.P. Morgan Chase, and Wells Fargo.
In corporate news,
- PepsiCo declined 3.7% after giving a 2012 earnings outlook that was below current estimates.
- Groupon plunged 14%. The company reported a slight fourth-quarter loss.
- And, Visa tacked on 3.7% after earnings and revenue exceeded forecasts.
- Crude-oil settled at $99.84 a barrel.
- And gold closed at $1,741 an ounce.