Another St. Martinville Drug Dealer Behind Bars
Undercover narcotics agents conducted an investigation in which led to the arrest of a St. Martinville man on drug and firearms charges.
St. Martin Parish Sheriff's spokesperson Maj. Ginny Higgins said 37-year-old Marcus Bourda was arrested this morning at his home in the 1400 block of Boon Lasseigne Road.
Agents obtained a search warrant after purchasing illegal drugs from Bourda at his home.
Following the execution of the search warrant at the home, agents found the following: crack cocaine, cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana, ecstasy, hydrocodone, and alprazolam. He was also in possession of a loaded .40-caliber handgun and a significant amount of U.S. currency.
Following the arrest, he was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute Schedule I CDS (Ecstacy)
- Possession of Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- Possession with the intent to distribute Schedule II CDS (Methamphetamine)
- Possession with the intent to distribute Schedule II CDS (Crack Cocaine)
- Possession with the intent to distribute Schedule II CDS (Cocaine)
- Possession of Schedule IV CDS (Alprazolam)
- Possession of Schedule III CDS (Hydrocodone)
- Illegal use of a CDS In The Presence Of a Juvenile
- Transactions Involving Proceeds from Drug Offenses
- Illegal Carrying Of Weapons In The Presence of a CDS
- Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
No bond had been set at the time of the release.