AOC Is Offering Students The Muse Program
Acadiana Open Channel will be offering students a chance to learn more about media this fall with a program on Mondays called, "Muse".
The program is free and open to students from 12-18.
AOC Executive Director Ed Bowie says,
"Monday afternoons will continue to be a great time to be at AOC because of our Muse students. In the coming monthsk, our goal continues to teach our students something they may have never even realized they can do, or even better, to inspire them to be creators of meaningful media now and in the future.
The free classes will be each Monday from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the Acadiana Open Channel offices at 101 Jefferson Street, Suite 100.
There will be a variety of topics covered throughout the length of the program including the following:
- September 11 - TV Stereotypes
- September 18 - Audio Podcast
- September 25 - Adobe Animate
- October 2 - Express Yo'Self
- October 9 - Fact or Fake News
- October 16 - 3 P's of Powerful Media Producers
- October 23 - Create an Animation Armature
- November 6 - Voice Acting
- November 13 - Creative Selfies
- November 20 - Video Alphabet Scavenger Hunt
- December 4 - Studio Anywhere
- December 11 - Film Screening (End of the Year Party)
You DO NOT have to be a member of AOC to attend.
The classes will be taught by AOC staff along with visiting experts.