Armed Robbery Victims Attempt To Immobilize Suspects, Get Fired Upon
An armed robbery of a cell phone in rural St. Martin Parish Friday night led to serious charges for two St. Martin Parish men.
Shortly before 7 p.m. Friday, St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of an armed robbery of a cell phone that occurred in the 1000 block of Newton Road in Henderson.
Following the armed robbery, the victim and four occupants in the vehicle, followed the suspect and attempted to block the vehicle on Newton Road. However, the suspect vehicle fired shots at the victim’s vehicle and fled the area. Shortly after, St. Martin Parish Deputies, who were enroute to assist, stopped the suspect vehicle, a green Honda in the 1000 block of Guidry Road. The two occupants of the suspect's vehicle were identified as Beau James Viator, 24, of St. Martinville and Mark Jude Bonin, 23, of Henderson.
Deputies were able to recover two weapons at the scene, one of which was confirmed stolen. No injuries were reported and investigators with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office are continuing the investigation.
In addition to charges from the Henderson Police Department, both men were arrested and charged with the following:
Mark Jude Bonin Jr, 23, of Henderson;
- (5 COUNTS) AGGRAVATED ASSAULT WITH FIREARM
- (3 COUNTS) CONTRIBUTING TO THE DELINQUENCY OF JUVENILES
- (1 COUNT) ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF A STOLEN FIREARM
- (1 COUNT) POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
Beau James Viator, 24, of St. Martinville;
- (5 COUNTS) PRINCIPAL TO AGGRAVATED ASSAULT WITH FIREARM
- (3 COUNTS) PRINCIPAL TO CONTRIBUTING TO THE DELINQUENCY OF JUVENILES
- (1 COUNT) PRINCIPAL TO ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF A STOLEN FIREARM