Bank stocks, which were weak all session, moved deeper into negative territory. Mark Lasseigne has your stock market report on today's Acadiana Business Index.
- Citigroup posted a drop in fourth-quarter profit and its results fell well short of analysts' expectations. J.P. Morgan Chase was the weakest stock in the Dow, falling 2.7%.
- Light, sweet crude settled at $100.71 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- And natural gas dropped nearly 7% to $2.49 as due to the warmer weather trend in most of the U.S. Analysts expect prices to drop even further.
- Gold closing today at $1,656 an ounce.
- Earnings reports for U.S. technology companies get into full swing this week, with bellwethers Google, Intel and Microsoft all reporting Thursday.