BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Organizers of the Greater Baton Rouge State Fair are considering additional security measures for next year's event after a fatal weekend shooting.

Cliff Barton, the fair's chairman, says measures being discussed include screening fair-goers with metal detector wands, installing metal detectors at the gates and barring minors from the fairgrounds without a parent after a certain hour.

Thousands of people were milling about the fairgrounds late Saturday when gunfire erupted about 11:30 p.m. After crowds dispersed, authorities found a 20-year-old man on the ground. He later died.

An 18-year has been booked in the shooting.

Sheriff's officials said about 15 off-duty deputies were on hand at the time of the shooting. They had been hired by the fair to provide security.