Battle on the Border to Bring Top High School Talent to Independence Stadium
The Battle on the Border High School Football Showcase will highlight some of the top high school football programs and players in the South and the country.
The two day event has expanded to 12 teams, including area powerhouses Parkway and C.E. Byrd. The 12 team field will also feature three defending state champion programs... El Dorado High School, the Arkansas 6A champions; John Curtis Christian, the Louisiana Division II Champions; and Acadiana High School, the Louisiana 5A Champions.
The game schedule is as follows...
Friday, September 12th
- St. Thomas More (Lafayette, LA) vs Gladewater (Texas) - 6:00 p.m.
- El Dorado (Arkansas) vs C.E. Byrd (Shreveport. LA)- 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 13th
- Marshall (Texas) vs Parkway (Bossier City, LA) - 11:00 a.m.
- John Curtis (River Ridge, LA) vs Lufkin (Texas) - 2:00 p.m.
- Shades Valley (Birmingham, AL) vs Acadiana (Lafayette, LA) - 5:00 p.m.
- Neville (Monroe, LA) vs Longview (Texas) - 8:00 p.m.
Tickets can be bought from participating schools and those funds will be kept by the schools.
Tickets can also be purchased at TheBattleontheBorder.com, the website of the event.
The games will be played at the long-time home of the Duck Commander Independence Bowl in Shreveport, LA.