BBB Offers Acadiana Advice For AC Help
Planning ahead can save you time and money. That's the advice from the Acadiana Better Business Bureau when it comes to your air conditioner.
No one is really thinking about their air conditioning system right now, but the BBB says it's the perfect time to think about it since you can make sure it is working working well now before the summer and hot temperatures hit our area.
The BBB says take advantage of the work that might need to be done with your air conditioner now when contractors are likely to be less busy.
The Better Business Bureau reminds you that anytime you are going to spend your hard earned money on a product or service, you need to check out carefully the people you are doing business with.
Avoid mistakes by paying attention to these tips:
- Don't go with the first contractor you find. Look around and compare prices.
- Get all the details in writing.
- Do your research on companies, what they offer and how much they charge.
- Visit bbb.org for the BBB Business Review of any AC service company you plan to hire. Learn more about its reputation and history of complaints. Always confirm that the company is licensed and insured.
- Find out if the company offers any type of warranty or guarantee. Get that in writing.
The Better Business Bureau says they received more than 9,000 complaints about repair services for heating and cooling units in 2012.