Big Changes Coming to Mega Millions Starting Saturday
If you play Mega Millions on a regular basis, then here's a heads up about some changes coming to the popular lottery game. Starting Saturday, October 28, it will cost more to play, have longer odds, and will have bigger jackpots.
Here are the five changes starting on October 31
- Higher Ticket Price - a ticket will now cost $2, which is a 100% increase
- Starting Jackpots Will Be Bigger - The grand prize will go up from $15 million to $40 million as a starting point
- Longer Odds - if you want to win the big prize, players must match 5 white balls from the numbers 1-70, and one Mega ball from 1-25. With the new changes, the chance of winning goes from 1 in 15 to 1 in 24
- Better Chances to Win a Million Dollars - chances for you to win the second tier prize of one million dollars goes from 1 in 12.6 million vs. 1 in 18.5 million, which is what it is now
- New Options - 'Just the Jackpot' option will be offered in Georgia, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, and Texas only for right now. Players will pay $3 for two entries and won't be able to win any prize other than the jackpot. They also cannot customize their numbers.