Blood Donations Urgently Needed For Acadiana
United Blood Services in Lafayette says they are in need of all types of blood donations today.
Due to severe weather conditions over the past several days, many blood drives had to be cancelled, and the UBS donation blood center on Bertrand Drive had to close down Tuesday and Wednesday.
Officials at United Blood Services say due to the closures and cancellations they loss over 800 pints of blood that they projected they would have collected.
Due to high patient usage and a lack of blood donations, UBS will need blood donations on an on-going basis. UBS is down to less than a one day supply to service all of our local hospitals.
You can donate blood at the Lafayette donor center at 1503 Bertrand Drive the following days and times:
- Today, Thursday January 30, between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 31, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 1, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Sunday, February 2, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
To make an appointment, click here, or by calling 337-235-LIFE (5433). Walk-ins are also welcome.
If you don't want to travel to Lafayette there are several bloodmobiles in the community today, Thursday, January 30:
- Wal-Mart in Breaux Bridge, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wal-Mart on Pinhook, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wal-Mart in Abbeville, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wal Mart in Broussard, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.