NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A judge has sharply reduced the bond for the only person arrested so far in connection with a June gunfight on Bourbon Street that left a bystander dead and nine people wounded.

Bond for 21-year-old Trung Le (leh) dropped from $1.5 million to $250,000. Times-Picayune reports that Le's defense attorney said his client will still be unable to afford the bond.

Le faces manslaughter and attempted second-degree murder charges.

Judge Jerome Winsberg reduced the bond after a four-hour hearing Friday.

Defense lawyer Martin Regan says Le fired in self-defense in the June 29 early morning shooting.

The New Orleans Advocate reports that prosecutor Laura Rodrigue argued that Le sparked the gunfire by drawing first on a still-unidentified second shooter.