Breaking Down the Numbers for St. Patrick’s Day 2016
Brought to the United States in 1737, St. Patrick's Day has been a widely celebrated holiday for quite some time. Hopefuls looking to pass a good time commence, celebrate, and drink!
Of course the drink of choice is usually beer. Some businesses have even created their own versions of green beer (interesting).
What I was curious about were the numbers for St. Patrick's Day. Boy was I shocked.
According to WalletHub.com:
- 51.2% of Americans plan to celebrate St. Patty's Day 2016
- 82.11% plan to wear green
- On average, St. Patty partiers spend about $35.40
- $4.4 billion will be spend on St. Patty's Day 2016
- 13 million pints of Guinness will be consumed on St. Patty's Day worldwide
- St. Patty's Day ranks #4 on the calendar's most popular drinking day
However, here are the two facts that really surprised me:
- There were 266 drunk-driving casualties on St. Patty's Day from 2010 to 2014
- 75% of car crashes on St. Patty's Day involve a driver 2x over the legal limit
The two most important things to keep in mind for Patty in the Parc 2016 are to have fun and always be responsible.
We will have a Designated Driver booth and here is how the booth works. After walking in to the park, you will go to the Designated Driver booth and tell them that you plan to be the designated driver for your friends/family. They will give you another wrist band that tells vendors not to serve you alcohol. You will however get free non-alcoholic drinks.