Cajuns Headed Back To New Orleans Bowl
For the fifth time in six years, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are playing in a post-season bowl game.
And, for the fifth time in six years, that means "Paint the Quarter Red" will be part of the mantra.
The R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, which has the first selection among all bowl-eligible Sun Belt teams, have invited Coach Mark Hudspeth's team to play in the December 17th bowl game.
The Cajuns' opponent is pretty well known to Cajun fans as well. New Orleans has also tabbed the University of Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles. Both teams will go into the game with identical 6-6 records, and both had to win their 12th game in order to qualify for a bowl. The Cajuns dominated ULM in a driving rainstorm, while Southern Miss upset Louisiana Tech in Hattiesburg last week. This will also be the fifth New Orleans Bowl appearance for the Golden Eagles, and their first since losing to Middle Tennessee 43-32 in 2008. Southern Miss has won the New Orleans Bowl three times, in 2008 against Troy, in 2005 against Arkansas State in a game played at Cajun Field and in 2004 against North Texas.
The University has released the following information on tickets for the Bowl game:
Fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets through the Athletics Ticket Office.. Tickets purchased through our ticket office show future bowl destinations the amount of fan interest there is for Ragin’ Cajuns Football. Bowl selections are not simply determined by conference standings, but are also affected by past history of fan travel and support at bowl games.Additionally, our ticket office will sell the best tickets available behind the Ragin' Cajuns bench. Obviously, this will also give you the ability to sit with fellow Ragin' Cajuns fans.Seating priority and location will be based on the following:
- RCAF Priority Points Ranking (as of December 9, 2016 at noon)
- 2016 Football Season Ticket Holders that are not currently RCAF Annual Fund donors
- Current UL students on a first-come, first-served basis in the Bowl “Red Zone”
- Alumni Association members
- General public on a first-come, first-served basisYour ticket quantity will be based on the 2016 RCAF Annual Fund donor level (as of December 9, 2016 at noon).
- As an added bonus, RCAF Annual Fund donors who purchase tickets to the bowl game prior to the December 9th priority deadline will receive additional RCAF Priority Points added to their current point total. These points will be reflected in the accumulative point total in the donor’s account. Fans purchasing up to four bowl game tickets will receive five additional RCAF Priority Points. Fans purchasing five bowl tickets or more will receive a total of 10 additional priority points.
- Bowl Ticket Order Forms will be available on RaginCajuns.com as early as Sunday afternoon.
- The deadline for submitting a priority ticket request is December 9 at noon. Ticket pickup will be available beginning December 12 and going through December 15 at the Cajundome Box Office during regular business hours (10:00-5:30 pm.).
- The Bowl Commission has announced Steve Gleason will be the keynote speaker for the luncheon to be held on Friday, Dec. 16 at 11:30am. And, once again there will be Friday night concert at Champions Square featuring the Gin Blossoms and Better than Ezra. The concert is free.