Camellia Crossing To Be Held Tonight To Benefit Miles Perret Cancer Services
It's an annual tradition each Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, and you still have a chance to register for the Camellia Crossing
The night will be filled with lots of Gleaux. They have glo lights, and they encouraged participants to dress up in clothes that glow.
Camellia will be closed from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
You can still register to participate! There are two ways to do that for tonight's event:
- Wednesday, Nov. 26th during Packet Pick-up (9am-12pm at2130 Kaliste Saloom Rd)
- Wednesday, Nov. 26th inTown Squarestarting at 4:30pm
Those putting on the event says that people who register after 6pm will receive a race bib, and they can do the run or walk, but they will not be able to win an award or be times for the event.
By joining in the fun you are helping Miles Perret Cancer Services help those battling and surviving cancer in Acadiana.
So what does it cost? Organizers have the prices as follows:
- $35 Youth Entry Fee - Ages 12 and under
- $40 Adult Entry Fee - Ages 13 and older
The event kicks off at 5:30 p.m. atTown Square in River Ranch
Here is tonight's list of events:
- 4:30pm - Registration, Pre-Registration, Wristband/Ticket Tent & Milesy Mart open
- 5:00pm - Kids Zone opens
- 6:00pm - Opening Ceremonies (Prayer & National Anthem)
- 6:15pm - 1 mile race begins
- 6:35pm - 5K race begins
- Post Run Party inTown Square(food & drinks available)
- 7:45pm - Gleaux Contest
- 8:00pm - Awards Ceremony
- 8:30pm -Camellia Blvdreopens
- 9:30pm - Event ends
There will be several local business groups that will be providing beverages:
- Kentwood- water on race course
- Lafayette Coca-Cola Bottling Company - soft drinks, powerade, & water
- Mello Joy - coffee & hot chocolate
- Raising Cane's - lemonade and sweet tea
- You can purchase beer from Schilling Distributing for a $3 donation, and you must be over 21 to purchase a beer, and they will ask for proper identification to prove your age.
Food and drink wristbands will are available for purchase for $5 while supplies last.