Cecilia Burglary Suspect Arrested In Multiple Cases
A Cecilia man in jail for a burglary in one parish has been arrested another burglary in a different parish.
St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman Major Ginny Higgins says 22-year-old Layne Dupuis was in the parish jail after deputies say they found stolen electronics and several firearms in his vehicle that were allegedly taken in a burglary in Iberia Parish on June 3rd. Investigators then say they were able to link Dupuis to a burglary that happened in Breaux Bridge on May 23rd.
Dupuis faces the following charges:
- LA. R.S. 14:27/62.3-Attempted Unauthorized Entry of an Inhabited Dwelling (For Attempted Burglary on June 3, 2016)
- LA. R.S. 14:56-Simple Criminal Damage to Property (For Attempted Burglary on June 3, 2016)
- LA. R.S. 14:62-Simple Burglary Movable or Unmovable (1 count) (For Burglary on May 23, 2016)
Dupuis' initial charges:
- CCRP 349.1-Failure To Appear; Issuance of Arrest Warrant
- 14:69.1 Illegal Possession of Stolen Firearms
- 14:69.1 Illegal Possession of Stolen Things over $500.00
- 14:63 Trespassing
- 14:95.1 Possession of Firearm/Concealed By Convicted Felon
His bond has been set at $30,000.00 for the initial charges; no bond has been set yet for the latest charges.