Confidence Among Small Business Owners Hits A Low: Acadiana Business Index
Small business owner confidence falls to its lowest level in just over a year while the Dow makes modest gains. Mark Lasseigne fills you in on what's happening on Wall Street.
- Wall Street edged up in another day of choppy trading. Traders remain cautious as there appears to be no solution to the Europe’s debt problems.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 45 points to 11,106.
- The National Federation of Independent Business said small-business owner confidence fells to its lowest level in just over a year, with most businesses surveyed saying sales remained the largest problem.
- And, Import prices fell last month, indicating inflation pressures are in check.
- Best Buy’s quarter profit fell 30% as the consumer-electronics retailer continues to battle a weak economy and competition from online marketplaces. Shares tumbled 6.5%, to 23.35.
- Crude oil settled higher at $90.21/barrel.
- Gold closed at $1,830/ounce.