Crowley Police Make 6 Drug Arrests In Separate Cases
Six people have been placed behind bars as Crowley Police continue their fight against illegal narcotics.
"Our officers...are trying to resolve crime within the city of Crowley and their efforts have not gone unnoticed," says Chief of Police KP Gibson. "We know that there are many problems with this activity (drugs) and ask our citizens to get involved by reporting."
Below is a list of the six people who have recently been arrested:
- Jonathon Arvie, 30 of Crowley. "Arvie was arrested after a search of his vehicle led to the recovery of Marijuana and Synthetic Marijuana," says Gibson. Arvie was booked for PWITD Marijuana.
- Delizah Lavergne, 31 of Crowley. "Lavergne was discovered to have 15 grams of Marijuana in his possession during an investigation by officers," says Gibson. Lavergne has been booked for PWITD Marijuana.
- Richard Davis, 30 of Crowley. "Davis was observed by officers in a highly intoxicated stated going door to door. When officers stopped him, it was discovered that he had several outstanding warrants. After being arrested, officers located 10 grams of Marijuana on his possession," says Gibson. Davis was booked on the outstanding warrants and PWITD Marijuana.
- Darwood Walston, 48 of Crowley. "Officers attempted to stop Walston and he fled in his vehicle. After a pursuit, K-9 "Uzi" was utilized to apprehend Walston who resisted arrest," say Gibson. Walston was booked for PWITD Schedule I Narcotics, Reckless Operation, Aggravated Flight from an officer and Obstruction of Justice.
- Sherman Griffin, 46 of Estherwood and George Trahan, 33 of Crowley. "(They) were arrested after it was determined that they were in possession of drug paraphernalia (scales and drug pipes). Trahan was cited and released," says Gibson. Griffin was booked for the possession of drug paraphernalia and criminal conspiracy.