DA: No Charges In Case Involving LSU Football Players
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — No formal charges will be filed against three LSU football players, including quarterback Anthony Jennings, for allegedly going into a house without permission in June.
East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore said Friday that the decision is based upon the request of the victim and because of inconsistent and contradictory statements provided to police.
Jennings, Dwayne Thomas and Maquedius Bain were arrested June 18 on a charge of unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling. The players have said they sought to retrieve items that had been stolen from Jennings.
Thomas was also charged with simple burglary.
The players were suspended after their arrest.
Coach Les Miles says all three have been reinstated to the team and will report to training camp Wednesday. Miles says they'll also undergo in-house discipline but did not specify what that might entail.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.