DEA Hosting National Drug Take-Back Event Tomorrow
Half a dozen cities across the state are participating in the Drug Enforcement Agency's national Drug Take-Back Drive tomorrow.
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and more than 4,200 national, tribal and community law enforcement partners nationwide promote National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day with events all across the nation this weekend. The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs,
In Acadiana, the Broussard Police Department will be accepting the unused or expired drugs at Walgreen's on St. Nazaire Road from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26.
Other locations, around the state will be accepting the prescription drugs. These locations include:
- Shreveport - Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office, 8910 Jewella Avenue
- Bossier City • Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office Viking Drive Substation, 2510 Viking Drive; Louisiana State Police Troop G office, 5300 Industrial Drive, Extended
- Monroe; Monroe Police Department, 700 Wood St., • Louisiana State Police Troop F office, 1240 Highway 594,
- Alexandria • Louisiana State Police Troop E office, 1710 Odom St.,
- Lake Charles • Lake Charles Police Department at the Lake Charles Civic Center Parking Lot, 900 Lakeshore Drive, • Louisiana State Police Troop D office, 805 Main St.