Domestic Disturbance Leads To Drug Arrest In Iberia Parish
Iberia Parish Sheriff's deputies with the Narcotics Division were called out to a domestic disturbance reported between a man and woman at an intersection which then led to a drug arrest.
Agents responded to Louisiana Highway 675 and Highway 90 where they talked to 20-year-old Rahmad Paul.
Deputies then went to Paul's home at 601 Lee Street to try to find the woman in the case, but instead agents say they smelled marijuana.
Agents were able to seize:
- 50 grams of marijuana
- Drug paraphernalia
Rahmad Paul was taken into custody and taken to the Iberia Parish Jail.
- He was booked with the following:
- Possession of marijuana with into distribue
- Possession of crack cocaine with intent to distribute
- Possession of a controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a firearm
- Possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a drug free zone
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Monies derived from drug transactions