Dow Ends The Week On A Bad Note: Acadiana Business Index
- Traders largely ignored the U.S. government's snapshot of the labor market, which showed modest job creation in October. The gains made only a small dent in the unemployment rate, which edged down to 9% in September.
- Financial stocks led the way lower. Bank of America was the steepest decliner in theblue-chips, shedding 6.1%, to $6.49.
- Online-deals purveyor Groupon surged 31%, to 26.11, in its initial public offering.
- AIG lost 2.9%, to 23.91, after the insurer reported a wider-than-expected third-quarter loss.
- And American Airlines reported moderately lower traffic in October as it flew fewer planes with fewer passengers. Shares dropped 5.8%, to 2.45.
- Crude oil settled higher to $94.26 a barrel.
- And Gold closed at $1,756 an ounce.