Dow Hits Four Year High – Acadiana Business Index
A great day for the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Mark Lasseigne tells you about it on today's Acadiana Business Index.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended with its highest close in almost four years, up 123 points to 12,904.
- The Labor Department says weekly unemployment came in at 348,000. Economist had expected the number to be worse.
- Moody's placed the ratings of 114 financial institutions in Europe on review for
- The U.S. Treasury warned Congress the U.S. financial system faces a 'material adverse impact' from a deteriorating euro zone crisis.
In corporate news,
$7.6 billion for 2011.
ConocoPhillips said its selling its Vietnam operation to a unit of French oil and natural gas company Perenco for roughly $1.3 billion.
- And, Apache's earnings and revenue soared above estimates as the company benefited from increased output and strong oil prices.
- Crude-oil closed at a seven week high at $102.31 a barrel.
- Gold closed at $1,728 an ounce.