Drug Arrest Made After Franklin Man Caught Allegedly Speeding
A speeding violation leads to a Franklin man getting busted for so much more.
St. Mary Sheriff's deputies say 24-year-old Jordan E. Haynes was caught going 35 miles per hour in a 25 mile per hour zone. Once the patrolling deputy pulled him over, the deputy says he saw an open beer inside the truck. The deputy then noticed marijuana inside as well, and a handgun, multiple small plastic bags and a digital scale.
Turns out Haynes was allegedly driving with a suspended driver's license and had active warrants for his arrest.
Haynes faces the following charges:
- Possession of (open) alcoholic beverages in motor vehicles
- Driving with a suspended license
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- Possession of Schedule I with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charge of possession of Schedule I drugs
- Warrant from Franklin Police Department for failure to appear on the charges of careless operation, expired vehicle registration, and no seat belt
No bail has been set.