Drug, Firearm Charges Land SM’Ville Man In Jail
A St. Martinville man may call the St. Martin Parish jail "home" for a while after being arrested on numerous drug and firearm charges.
St. Martin Parish spokeswoman Maj. Ginny Higgins reported narcotics agents arrested 31-year-old Michael Zeno after he sold crack-cocaine to an undercover agent.
Agents recovered narcotics including ecstasy, marijuana, oxycodone, alprazolam and suboxone, and other illegal drugs, along with a handgun, rifle, and U.S. Currency.
On Friday morning, Zeno was arrested and booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the following host of charges:
- Possession With The Intent To Distribute Schedule I CDS (MDMA)
- Possession of Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- Possession of Schedule II CDS (Oxycodone)
- Possession of Schedule III CDS (Suboxone)
- Possession of Schedule IV CDS (Alprazolam)
- Illegal Use Of A CDS In The Presence Of A Juvenile
- Transactions Involving Proceeds From Drug Offenses
- Violation of Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substance Law Drug Free Zone
- Illegal Carrying Of Weapons In The Presence of a CDS
- Possession Of A Firearm By A Person Convicted Of Certain Felonies
- Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
At the time of the press release, no bond had been set.