Eleven Applications Unsealed for LPSS Superintendent Search
A total of 11 applicants have thrown their hats into the ring to become the next superintendent at the Lafayette Parish School System.
The 11 applications were unsealed yesterday afternoon by Interim Superintendent Burnell Lejeune who told KPEL the applications are now being managed by the LPSS Human Resources Department. The School Board will receive the packets on each applicant and will begin discussing the procedure for choosing Lejeune's successor on Wednesday, April 8 at a special board meeting.
Though Lejeune added the specific time frame to having a final decision as to who gets the job is up to the board, he said it has been expressed that the board would like to have the seat filled by June 1.
Following is the complete list of applicants, their current position and the city where they are currently working.
- Chad E. Broussard, Principal at St. Anthony High School, Jersey City, NJ
- Donna Alleman, Director of Academic Services at the Louisiana Schools of the Deaf and Visually Impaired, Baton Rouge
- Matthew Neal, Adjunct Faculty/Lecturer at the University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, Colo.
- Don Auguilliard, Superintendent of St. Mary Parish Schools, Centerville, La.
- Hamilton P. Brock, Principal at Baker Alternative Learning Center, Baker, La.
- Joanie Hudson, Consultant at Hudson's Educational Consulting Services, Cleburne, Texas
- Sheila Guidry, Executive Management Officer at the Louisiana Department of Education, Baton Rouge, La.
- Victoria Miles, Director of Federal Programs, Keller Independent School District, Keller, Texas
- Francis Touchet Jr., Network Leader at the Louisiana Department of Education, Abbeville, La.
- Carlos Sam, Associate Superintendent at East Baton Rouge School System, Baton Rouge, La.
- Curt Green, Principal at East Feliciana High School, Jackson, La.