Fire In A Dryer Damages Lafayette Home
The kitchen and laundry room of a Lafayette home were damaged in a fire early this morning.
The remainder of the home in the 100 block of Radcliffe Drive sustained heavy smoke and heat damage.
Lafayette firefighters were able to put the fire out in the home, and spokesman Alton Trahan says the owner of the home, Myra George, along with her children were able to get out of the home safely.
George says she was doing laundry when she heard a popping noise coming from the room, and she found a small fire behind the dryer when she went to check out the sound.
Fire investigators say the fire quickly spread to other rooms, but they were able to put out the fire.
Investigators say the fire started in the clothes dryer, and the cause of the blaze was ruled an accident.