Firefighters Battle Duson Blaze, Family Loses Everything
DUSON, La. (KPEL) -- An electrical short inside the wiring of a mobile home is being blamed for a fire that caused extensive damage to the Sellers Road home.
According to Lafayette fire investigator Alton Trahan, firefighters were called out to the home Saturday morning at about 7:30.
Once emergency crews entered the building, the found the fire in a rear bedroom, Trahan said.
The homeowners lost all their belongings, including a family dog, Trahan said.