Fireplace Fire Damages Lafayette Home
Last night just past 6:00 o'clock in the evening firefighters were called out to battle a blaze in the 100 block of Nottingham Circle.
The fire was called in by the owner of the home, Laura Nelson, and her neighbors. No one was injured, but there was moderate fire damage in the attic and around the fireplace where the fire started.
The firefighters quickly brought the blaze under control after going to fight it in the attic near the vent pipes.
The interior of the house sustained moderate water damage.
Fire officials say the fire has been ruled an accident.