Fireplace Was The Source Of A Fire In A Lafayette Home
The Lafayette Fire Department was called out to a home at 210 Estainville Avenue at about a quarter of three Sunday afternoon.
Phillip Williams is the owner of the home. He called the fire department after crackling sounds in the attic lead him to investigate what the sound might be. He noticed flames in the attic.
Firefighter came to the home to found that heavy smoke was coming out of the eaves of the home. The attic was filled with smoke and there were flames near the fireplace.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire, but the fire caused heavy damage to the attic of the home along with the area around the fireplace. There was also water damage in the home.
No one was injured in the fire, and firefighters say the heat from the fireplace was the source of the fire in the attic.