Five Arrested Following St. Martinville Shooting
Five people involved in a shooting in St. Martinville Friday were tracked down and arrested in Natchez, Miss.
St. Martinville Police Chief Calder Hebert said the shooting occurred Friday early afternoon near the corner of LaSalle and Port Streets.
The victim, identified as Mike Zeno, was able to describe the suspect's vehicle to police shortly before being taken to the hospital.
Through the investigation, police were able to locate the suspect's vehicle at a motel in Natchez, Miss.
The Adams County Sheriff's Office SWAT team arrested the following five individuals at the motel shortly before midnight Friday.
- Arthur Freeman Jr., of Baton Rouge; charged with attempted second-degree murder, felon in possession of a firearm.
- Brien Wings, of Franklin; felon in possession of a firearm, obstruction of justice.
- Jeffery Malveaux Jr., of St. Martinville; charged with obstruction of justice.
- Ashley Seaux, of St. Martinville; charged with obstruction of justice.
- Dawn Melancon, of St. Martinville, charged with obstruction of justice.
All five suspects were booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center Saturday morning.