Flu Clinics Scheduled Tomorrow Across Louisiana
Having a headache, body aches, sneezing, coughing and generally feeling terrible doesn't sound good to most people, so you should probably get a flu shot this year.
There will be flu clinics set up across the state tomorrow to offer the flu shot, even to those who can't afford to get it.
Several parish health units will be hosting the event. Click here to find the location nearest to you.
The vaccines will be available from 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon until 6:30 tomorrow evening.
Louisiana is one of the highest states with flu activity this year.
The best way to prevent getting the flu is to get the vaccine.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reminds you of the following:
- Wash your hands.
- Cover your mouth when coughing.
- If you have a fever, stay home until 24 hours after the fever subsides.
- Try not to touch your nose, eyes and mouth until you have washed your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces.