Foods To Eat When You’re Sick – “The Lafayette Food Junkie Show” (Audio)
“The Lafayette Food Junkie Show,” which has been airing from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Sunday nights here on Newstalk 96.5 KPEL, has given Lafayette and the Acadiana area its own show dedicated to the food we all love to enjoy and talk about since November of 2013!
With cold/flu season now open us, Tiffiany Decou, the “Lafayette Food Junkie,” and special guest co-host Ramsey Morein with Bread & Circus Provisions, decided to talk about what foods they like to eat when they're sick. You need to eat more calories when you're sick. Of course, there is the classic chicken noodle soup which has amino acid cystine that helps thin mucous while the hot broth clears nasal passages and prevents dehydration.
Here are their other recommendations for what else you can eat/drink while you're sick:
- Bone broth for people on the Paleo diet
- Chicken feet for added gelatin
- Celery and onions
- Herbs to taste
- Herbal teas - soothing for the throat, antioxidants
- Citrus juices-help boost the immune system
- Popsicles - for sore throats
- Spicy foods such as ginger, chili peppers and wasabi - clears nasal passages
- Emergen c
- Cure all-basically a virgin bloody mary
Tiffiany also talked about her family home remedy - a hot toddy. Her favorite things to eat when she's sick:
- Soups and Potatoes
- Jason's Deli
- Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)
- Lentil soup from Athena's
And when Tiffiany recovers from her sickness, the first meal she likes to eat is McDonald's.
To listen to the complete show, CLICK BELOW: