Former Offender On Probation Is Arrested For Multiple Drug Charges
Two agents from the Louisiana Department of Probation and Parole went to Julia Street in Eunice to perform a routine house check on a former offender, when the agents say they saw marijuana in plain view in 26-year-old Damian Monday's house.
Agents searched Monday's home, and they say they found:
- A loaded handgun
- $1500 cash
- 8 bags of marijuana
- A scale
- Packaging supplies
Eunice Deputy Police Chief Varden Guillory also says three juveniles were at home when all the marijuana was found.
Monday was then placed under arrest and transported to Eunice PD for booking on the following charges:
- Illegal use of CDS in the presence of persons under 17 years of age - 3 counts
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule 1 marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Violation of the uniform CDS law
- Transactions involving proceeds from drugs
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of CDS
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Guillory says since 2006, Damian Monday has been arrested 6 times on drugs and weapons charges.
He's being held without bond at this time.