Franklin Man Arrested After A Disturbance At A Glencoe Home
A St. Mary Parish Sheriff's deputy was called out to a home on Highway 83 in Glencoe after a complaint about at a battery at that home.
The deputy arrived to find two men holding down a third man, 23-year-old Kori Jones. The deputy detained Jones to investigate, but he pulled away from the office and would not listen to his commands.
The two men say Jones came into the home without permission, hit one man with a hand gun and hit the other guy with his hand before they were able to grab him and hold him down.
The deputy found a weapon in Jones' vehicle along with several small bags of suspected cocaine.
Jones was taken to the hospital for treatment of a cut on his head before he was taken to jail.
He faces several charges including:
- Unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling
- Simple battery
- Aggravated second degree battery
- Possession of Schedule II drugs with the intent to distribute
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- Possession of a firearm by a person convicted of certain felonies
- Violation of a controlled dangerous substance law (drug free zone)
- Resisting a police officer with force or violence
- Warrant from City Court of Franklin for failure to appear on the charge of revoked or suspended drivers license