Franklin Man Arrested After Fleeing Into A Cemetery
A St. Mary Parish Sheriff's deputy trying to make a routine traffic stop was able to arrest his suspect, but he had to arrested him later while the man was hiding in a cemetery.
The officer tried to stop 50-year-old John Tardy while he was driving down Highway 90 West. Tardy kept going towards Jeanerrette, took the exit onto Highway 668, and then went east on Frontage Road.
Tardy finally slowed down, and he came to a stop in the opposite lane of the roadway. He got out of the car and ran away.
Tardy was finally arrested after deputies found him hiding in a local cemetery.
He is facing multiple charges including:
- Flight from an officer
- Possession of alcoholic beverages in motor vehicles
- Criminal trespass
- Driving under suspension
- Simple obstruction of a highway of commerce
- Warrant for failure to appear on charges of speeding and driving under suspension
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charge of leased movables (less than $1,000)
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charge of issuing worthless checks