Governor Edwards Backing Foster Campbell In U.S. Senate Race
Governor John Bel Edwards has announced his endorsement of Public Service Commissioner Foster Campbell in the crowded U.S. Senate race.
A press release from Campbell's campaign stated Edwards told the Democratic State Central Committee today that he has decided to back Campbell because, "[He] has proved he can win. I have watched [Foster] fight on behalf of ordinary working men and women for years."
Campbell joins two other Democratic candidates in race for the Senate seat being vacated by Sen, David Vitter.
A full list of the candidates that have thus far entered the race is included below.
- Charles Boustany, Jr. - U.S. Representative from Louisiana
- Joe Cao - Former U.S. Representative from Louisiana
- Thomas Clements
- John Fleming, Jr. - U.S. Representative from Louisiana
- John Neely Kennedy - Louisiana State Treasurer
- Rob Maness
- Eric Skrmetta - Louisiana Public Service Commissioner
- Foster Campbell - Louisiana Public Service Commissioner
- Caroline Fayard
- Joshua Pellerin
- Troy Herbert - Former Louisiana State Senator (Independent)
- Derrick Edwards (Unaffiliated)