Great Day For Stocks As Dow Rises Significantly: Acadiana Business Index
Stocks rise sharply as France and Germany pledge to resolve Europe’s banking and debt problems while the Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied 330 points to close at 11,433. Mark Lasseigne has today's Acadiana Business Index.
- In corporate news, Netflix is dropping plans to split its movie-streaming business and DVD-by-mail service. Shares fell 4.7% today to $111.62.
- Apple rose 5.1% to $388.81. Preorders for the iPhone 4S topped one million in a single day, surpassing all other records.
- AT&T gained 2.5% after the company said it has seen "extraordinary" demand for Apple's new device.
- Complete Production Services soared over 39% after agreeing to be acquired by Superior Energy in a deal valued at $2.6 billion. Superior Energy dropping 13.8% to $23.63.
- Oil prices closed at $85.41 a barrel.
- And Gold settled at $1,671 an ounce.